>Did you try "Pop Goes the Weasel"?
Ah .. THAT'S the one!! .. I knew that I had heard one of your classes back
in Guelph playing a tune that would work, but couldn't for the life of me
remember what it was .. the kids will love it .. all I have to do is
convince the parents that it 'might' be a tune played in the Scottish / CB
(outer?) circles.
Actually, I heard it on an old home tape made in Cape Breton, so there! (It may have been played for a laugh on that occasion, but it was played....) Also, if you look, you will find it in serious tune collections -- I think it might be in 1001 Fiddle Tunes/Ryan's Mammoth Collection. The fun of plucking the "pop" with the third finger of the left hand (on open E if played in the key of G) generally makes up for (or perhaps I should say enhances) the silliness of the tune. Anyway, I don't think it's any sillier than "Squirrel in the Tree" jig.

- Kate D.
--
http://www.DunGreenMusic.com
Halifax, Nova Scotia