>> Anyway, I don't think it's any sillier than "Squirrel in the Tree" jig.
> Oh no, I was waiting for that Squirrel in the tree jig to come up. Sandy
> MacIntyre would play that jig at the Gaelic college and laugh. To my
> horror, other people got excited and wanted to know what that tune was..

ABC please????...

Dunno the connotations that might have, I assume there's something I'm
missing.  I had a similar experience when I asked on rec.music.folk for
an ABC or MIDI of the "Gilligan's Island" theme tune; this turns up a
lot in Usenet discussions, usually in the context of "you can sing X to
the theme from Gilligan's Island", but I've never seen the programme
and have no idea what the tune is.  The concept that there might be
people who didn't know it seemed a bit much for the collective mind
of rec.music.folk to handle.  (I offered a swap for the theme from
"The Archers", but r.m.f didn't seem to know what that was either...)

Another place this came up was when I heard an American fiddler
play "If I Had a Brain" from "The Wizard of Oz" in the middle of
a schottische set.  To an American it was probably funny.  To
someone from this side of the pond it was a "wozzat?" - I must
have heard it before but couldn't remember it then and can't now.
(At least with that one, I do know where to find the music if
I ever need it).