>>> Anyway, I don't think it's any sillier than "Squirrel in the Tree"
>>> jig.
>> Oh no, I was waiting for that Squirrel in the tree jig to come up.
>> Sandy MacIntyre would play that jig at the Gaelic college and laugh.
>> To my horror, other people got excited and wanted to know what that
>> tune was..
>
> ABC please????...
>
> Dunno the connotations that might have, I assume there's something I'm
> missing.  I had a similar experience when I asked on rec.music.folk for
> an ABC or MIDI of the "Gilligan's Island" theme tune; this turns up a
> lot in Usenet discussions, usually in the context of "you can sing X to
> the theme from Gilligan's Island", but I've never seen the programme and
> have no idea what the tune is.

 I intentionally don't know the tune, because I like to think I don't
spend alot of time learning silly little tunes :-) Although I think Sandy
actually wrote it out in his white book. I'll punch out the abc's for it
later when I get back home this afternoon and you can see what I mean.
 There's really no connotations to it. It's just a silly little jig as far
as I know, but for some reason it always seems to make into the tune sets
for square sets, usually near the beginning, when the fiddler is just
getting warmed up.