Dear all,

I try to "compile" some python files for the ARM platform. (Actually kaa of
the freevo media player (http://freevo.sourceforge.net/)

I doubt actually if pure python needs this, but my source has also a couple
of C files which do need to be compiled for the target.
Normally would the python-distutils take care of this but under scratchbox2
is this for me not directly working.

if I do "sb2 -m devel python setup.py build" I get the following errors:
hansan@mediachan:~/freevo_src/kaa/base$ sb2 -m devel python setup.py build
sh: /dev/null: Read-only file system
Python headers not found; please install python development package.
kaa.db, shm and inotify support will be unavailable
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 158, in <module>
    namespace_packages = ['kaa']
  File "/home/hansan/freevo_src/kaa/base/src/distribution/core.py", line
595, in setup
    f = open('src/version.py', 'w')
IOError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: 'src/version.py'

>From this I guess the following:
1) my development directory is from within scratchbox mapped as read-only...
2) also /dev/null of the host is mapped read-only
3) I do have my python headers installed on my target but I am for some
reason not mapping this.

What is the normal way to work with python from within scratchbox?

I try this on a debian Wheezy distribution and I use scratchbox 2.2.1 and my
root file system and development tools are of angstrom distribution
(openembedded related distribution)

Kind regards,

Han