On Mar 16, 2011, at 4:02 PM, ext Han Hartgers wrote:

Dear all,

I have now generated a tools root but I think I have done something wrong because now is the sb2-init command not working correctly. I generated a qemux86 image with the angstrom online build system (Narcissus) this image should be basically the same as the image I have for my beagleboard but then for the i686 architecture.

hansan@mediachan:~/Beagelboard/angstrom_rootfs$ sb2-init -m devel - t /home/hansan/Beagelboard/i86_rootfs/ beagle_angstrom2 /usr/local/ angstrom/arm/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc Using /usr/local/angstrom/arm/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc to detect target architecture:
Reading mode-specific settings..
Finished writing sb2.gcc.config
gcc configured.
sb2-init: Target architecture is 'arm'
sb2-init: Host architecture is 'i[3456]86'
Reading mode-specific settings..
Finished writing sb2.config
sb2-init: Creating Debian build system settings for this target:
/bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory /bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
sb2-init: configuring libtool for this target:
/bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Running /home/hansan/sb2/bin/sb2-build-libtool failed
You can run this manually later, otherwise your
sb2 environment is correctly setup and ready to use

Probably there is something wrong with my tools root.

Does your tools root work properly if you chroot to it?

I am also not able to call sb2 /home/hansan/sb2/bin/sb2-build- libtool successfully. hansan@mediachan:~/Beagelboard/angstrom_rootfs$ sb2 /home/hansan/sb2/ bin/sb2-build-libtool

You can skip building of that, once you have a working tools root (i.e. run sb2-init with -n)

I think that the problem is that my tools root fs expect to be a real root fs and does not expect to reside in a directory. Probably that breaks some paths to libraries... Some idea how to fix this, or some tips on how to get a decent tools root.

Check the glibc patches that are available in external_patches subdir of sb2's sources, those may help. For example, sometimes RPATH options in executables have been causing trouble, but the patches will solve that and other things..

        Lauri