If it's a switched network, which the subject of this e-mail states, than
Ethereal won't work.  The best tool for a switched network is ettercap
(ettercap.sourceforge.net).

Personally I use Arpwatch (no url available) to find all hosts on the network
and than use Ettercap to sniff the victim.

If this is a hubbed network than Ethereal works like a charm.

-matt