Hi All,

I just found some strange files under Root directory of my Solaris 8.

the files are named as: .SeCuRiTy.0, .SeCuRiTy.1, ..... until .SeCuRiTy.68.
Following are part of the output of command: ls -al

-rwx------   1 daemon   other        128 Aug 20  2002 .SeCuRiTy.0
-rwx------   1 daemon   other        128 Aug 20  2002 .SeCuRiTy.1
-rwx------   1 daemon   other        128 Aug 20  2002 .SeCuRiTy.10
-rwx------   1 daemon   other        128 Aug 20  2002 .SeCuRiTy.11
-rwx------   1 daemon   other        128 Aug 20  2002 .SeCuRiTy.12
-rwx------   1 daemon   other        128 Aug 20  2002 .SeCuRiTy.13
-rwx------   1 daemon   other        128 Aug 20  2002 .SeCuRiTy.14
-rwx------   1 daemon   other        128 Aug 20  2002 .SeCuRiTy.15
-rwx------   1 daemon   other        128 Aug 20  2002 .SeCuRiTy.16
-rwx------   1 daemon   other        128 Aug 20  2002 .SeCuRiTy.17
-rwx------   1 daemon   other        128 Aug 20  2002 .SeCuRiTy.18
-rwx------   1 daemon   other        128 Aug 20  2002 .SeCuRiTy.19
-rwx------   1 daemon   other        128 Aug 20  2002 .SeCuRiTy.2
-rwx------   1 daemon   other        128 Aug 20  2002 .SeCuRiTy.20

Does anyone know what these files for? I googled the internet, but found no
clues.
This server is runnin an internet DNS server.
What I am worrying about is if someone broke into my system.
Can anyone point me a right way to analysis these files? what kind of log
files I need pay attention to?

thank you,
Peng

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm