Hi Markus,

While testing  #subobjects on MW 1.18 (on SMW 1.7alpha), we started to
convert our SIO objects into SMW-subobjects (we hope that with this we
can avoid double entries that now and then appear due to problems in
SIO ). One advantage of SIO is that its assigns individual object-ids
(#1... etc.) but for #subobjects we have to state explicitly the
object id, considering only one or two objects then this procedure
just works fine. For a larger set of objects per page (some of our
pages contain a data set of 100-200 numerical statistics)  we would
wish #subobject would identify that no object identifier is present
and than it would automatically assign a number (such as #1 ) so any
object can be identified individually.

Cheers,

MWJames