Stephan Gambke wrote:

> Am 01.11.2011 20:11, schrieb Jon Lang:
> > Thank you; this gives me a means of illustrating my point.
> >
> > Take the example of my name as given by Marcus:
> >
> > Jon Lang{{#subobject name|personal=Jonathan|nickname=Jon|family=Lang}}
> >
> > In order to set up a Semantic Glossary that uses Jon Lang as the term
> > and information from {{#subobject
> > name|personal=Jonathan|nickname=Jon|family=Lang}}to build a definition,
> > you would need a person to intervene, as there are no semantics
> > connecting the former to the latter: human intuition can make the
> > connection, but a machine lacks the necessary tagging to do so.
> > Contrast this with:
> >
> > {{#subobject name|personal=Jonathan|nickname=Jon|family=Lang|Jon Lang}}
> >
> > In this case, it would be trivial for a machine to deduce that Jon Lang
> > should be the term associated with the definition that's built from the
> > rest of the #subobject.
>
> The semantic object you are assigning values to here is derived from
> 'name', e.g. if the above parser function call were to appear on the
> page 'Jon Lang' the call would result in a semantic object 'Jon
> Lang#name'.

So you're creating a glossary entry based off of the properties of a page.
I was talking about creating a glossary entry based off of the values of a
subobject.  That is, the information in question doesn't appear on a page
called "Jon Lang"; it appears on a page called "SMW participants".  For the
sake of this illustration, my first, middle, and last names aren't
specified as page properties anywhere on the wiki; the only place they
appear is within a subobject on the aforementioned "SMW Participants"
page.

--
Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang