Hey,

> The same thing holds true for Page Schemas, by the way - the code in SMW
that hooks into it is somewhat complex, but as far as I know it hasn't
required any special maintenance effort on the part of SMW devs.

As far as I'm concerned, we (SMW devs) are responsible to not break code in
our repo, and to make sure the code we release is working properly.

You can create an extension to SMW to avoid the problem. And if you do
that, you can specify a compat range, and are not force to keep it working
against master the whole time.

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw - http://www.bn2vs.com