Hi Joe,

Looks like feast or famine!   I think I have it working.

Great!  I knew you could do it.

I can see entries in the bayesiananalysis_spam table when I send in a
spam record.

Good, that's proof enough that your spam attachments are being processed by the feeder.

However, one such spam causees all subsequent
emails to be considered spam.   It looks like some kinda spam prevenetion
detractor.  It circumvents everything when I feed it in.
Is that common?

I expect you haven't given the filter many ham examples yet. Keep giving it examples of both ham and spam and it will begin to do its job better and better. Keep the faith!

It will seem a bit arduous at first but it will quickly begin to settle down. I've had my filter running for at least 3 years now. At first I had to feed it a lot. Now it only seems to let through up to four a day out of the 500 it rejects. Some days I get worried because it rejects ALL the spam!

David Legg