Thanks Lloyd.  I think your input provided a better explanation of what I was trying to say, and also added a couple of things I forgot to mention.

Tedd
-----Original Message-----
From: Lloyd Hackman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 4:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: History of Frequency

Comments Below ***

llhack
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 10:00 AM

Peter,

You are incorrect in your understanding of frequency as it is related to golf club making.  The frequency one measures for a golf club using a frequency analyzer is NOT the resonance frequency of the shaft, but is rather a measure of the time it takes the shaft to complete one complete cycle (i.e up and down) in the meter (i.e. the preiod of the shaft as you state below).

*** Better known as the natural frequency of the club in the first vibrational mode.

  This is a direct measure of the bending properties of the shaft, and therefore a measure of relative shaft stiffness.  Is this clear?

*** But it also includs the affect of the head weight, Shaft length and all other shaft properties. Frequency is the most accurate measure of shaft flexural performance.

If not, maybe one of the engineers on the forum can explain it in the proper terminology.

Tedd