In a message dated 1/18/03 3:41:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Why does Tiger need only 1 degree lie change from 5I to 7I? Because that's what he needs! I suspect a lot of other golfers may not
be based on the 1 degree per change in length per 0.5 inches.  Checking only a 5 iron a clubmaker would never find this out, and assume
all to be fine. That's  why you put tape on face after bending and have golfer hit 3 balls. If lie is to be questioned go back to lie board, bend, tape and hit. With every club, but first bend to the perfectly adjusted 5 iron (in the normal 1 degree progression).