In a message dated 1/18/03 9:35:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

always use the golf club gauge to measure the loft and lie, then calculate the delta to bend, bend the club in the Mitchell, then check the results on the golf club gauge.

Are you saying that the Mitchell is not accurate? I doubt it, I think the gague on this machine is too small and difficult to read and it lacks a way to be sure the club has been clamped in a level position.  That's why I prefer the Scotland. But that's just my thought. You are right, you are taking too much time. I bent 6 serts of irons today (a sure sign of Spring coming) and golfer hit every club after bending to confirm the job was right. I just don't think it is time effecient to measure on a separate machine.If I can't trust what my loft/ lie machine reads it gets rechecked, repaired or scrapped! I love my tools but I am not married to any of them. Do you bend and then go back to the lie board? Tape face for impact check? Ever check a set of Titleists to their specs?  I find these to be the worst. I think someone just writes in what the customer wants to read!