Thanks all who replied to this thread. Very useful information! I also had no idea how many have tried these things in general. I haven't seen many people using them.

I decided instead of going to the expense of ordering from the US, to buy one from a Canadian supplier first. So I bought the Dynacraft HC Tour 3 iron hybrid and the UST iROD .370 utility shaft. It takes a while to get used to at set but I kept focussing on the face and telling myself it's an iron not a fwy wood... results were pretty decent, I think I was hitting them anywhere from 180-200 from what I could tell. That seems to be about what I might hit a 3 iron or a tad longer.

That was only based on one round so it will be interesting to see more results. If I continue to hit them as I was yesterday, I will definitely fill in the gaps in my bag with a couple more of them. I will look at Tom's versions with the .335 shafts -- I need to order a couple more things from him anyway.

Jen

PS - to TFlan's "whatcha doing later"? I'm shocked that you forgot to ask the first time! You're slipping! ; )