I've had hybrids in my bag for several years. TM Rescues w/bubble shafts first, then Hogans, then 4 different component heads. Now I have a pair if TM Rescues, a 19 and a 22 deg w/stock reg flex shafts. Gone from my bag are the 3 and 4 irons. I hit the 19 a little longer than the 3 iron - about 195, and the 22 about 180 - 185, and a hell of a lot easier and straighter than the irons. I'm considering a 16 deg rescue to replace the 5 wood.

I use the 19 often in the fairway. Its shorter than the 3/5 woods but straighter. So I give up a few yards. As I've said many times, 200 yds in the short grass is a helluva lot better than 275 in the jungle.

TFlan

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi gang,

I am looking for some advice for my own personal set of clubs. I currently
am playing Tom's 550C irons (excellent btw...) 6iron to PW, Snake Eyes TC01
wedges (52,56), KZG woods (the original maraging steel ones - 10.5 driver,
3w,5w,7w) and a Yes putter. I intentionally did not build anything higher
than a 6iron, thinking I would use the fairway woods to fill the gap.
However... I can't hit these 3 fairway woods worth crap... ; ) I love the
look of them... but have tried different shafts in them and tried altering
things in my swing as well and the results are just too inconsistent to
rely on them. (They may be for sale soon... : ) )

I plan to build a 4 & 5 iron for the set -- I hit my irons very well and it
was a mistake to try to leave those out of the mix. Re: the other
potential 2 to 3 clubs, I am unsure what to loo! k at given this experience.
I need or want at least one fairway wood that I can tee off with when the
situation calls for it, probably a 3 or 5. That leaves a gap that I would
like to fill.

I am curious about hybrids and if any of you use them, what clubs you
replace in your bag to make room for them etc. I am looking at Tom W's
hybrids and fairway woods. Are hybrids numbered like irons? Is a #3
supposed to be equivalent to a 3iron or would you say a person typically
would hit a hybrid farther than it's equivalent iron?

I am a 10 handicap, hope to be a 7 or 8 by the end of this season. I play
in 3 or 4 big amateur tournaments a year and need to have something in my
bag I can rely on in those events. If I played the tournament tomorrow I
wouldn't take a fwy wood out of my bag, which hurts me considerably on the
length of the courses we are set up to play.

Suggestions welcome... both equipment and other (mental, swing, lol)!

TIA,
Jen

http://mail2web.com/ .