  From: Roy Nix - AGCP Director
  To: ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
  Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2010 9:35 AM
  Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Trackman Newsletter

  Don
  I agree. The ball doesn't know if you are a right hander hitting a draw or a
left hander hitting a fade. The only thing the ball reacts to is the effective
loft and spin. I've been fitting for straight shots for years and worked up
this chart a good while back.
http://www.agcpgolf.com/Ball_Flight_and_Club_Weight_for_fitting.pdf

  By adjusting the total weight and head weight to get what I call the right
balance between the two I try to fit to get my golfers as close as possible to
swinging right down the target line and getting the clubface square. If the
best I can get is 3 of 4 degrees inside out or outside in so be it, change your
alignment and hit straight shots.

  I fit one guy some time back and everything he hit with his 5 iron was about
10 or 15 feet to the right of the pin on my Golf Achiever. Shot after shot. I
was happy and he was not. Finally he asked: "Are you going to fix the club so
it goes at the pin"? So I walked up to him and took a silver sharpie and drew a
line where his feet were pointing about 10 or 15 feet to the left of the pin
and said: "Stand on the line and try it". He did and then laughed out loud and
said: "I wonder how long it would have taken me to figure that out"? He dropped
his handicap 4 or 5 shots.

  Everyone seems to be brainwashed into believing the right to left tour draw
is the best shot. In spite of Trevino, Nicklaus, Miller Barber, Furyk and many
others who won a lot of tour events with a fade or a fairly straight ball.

  Lots of happy customers tell me straight works.

  Roy