Christ Schlacta wrote:
>I thought of another benefit to a shiny new XML format
>
>All the files could be merged into a single shorewall.xml file with
>different sections.
><config>
><adminisabsentminded>true</adminisabsentminded>
></config>
><rules>
><rule>
></rule>
></rules>
><tcclasses>
></tcclasses>
>etc...

Good grief, what are you smoking ?
Part of the complaint is that some files (particularly rules) are too
long, and so you propose to merge everything into one huge file.
Realistically that would only be editable using a custom XML editor
that would split out the components and offer them for editing a
chunk at a time - instead of (as is the case now) being able to use
any editor of your choice.

Out of interest, do you do your editing on a system with graphical
desktop GUI ?

--
Simon Hobson