Get Your SEO Right.
Learn about CPC advertising and how you can reduce your cost through have
good web and good content.

Get a Blog up and Running. I am not technical but am OK at Writing and we
are getting good exposure through key words from our blog. Word Press is
optimised well out of the box.
Remember to make the content meaningful and place key words in it for
maximum effect.

Also, try to look at purchasing some lists. Not sure what you target market
is but this is a good effective way to start driving traffic. Use an e-mail
tool like vertical response.

These types of things are going to get you out these in the shortest
possible time and with the best bang for you buck.

YOu need to track things to make sure your campaigns are working well.

Put your website on some sort of CMS so you can make changes to content
easily.

Use Viral Sharing through Social Media to try and also get know in specific
groups.

Hope this makes sense.

These things take your time to work through and put together. Most these
things relate to Owned Content rather than purchased Content. In the long
run, will be very powerful for you.

Mathew

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 9:19 PM, doogirl <oliviamel...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Let me introduce myself, my name is Olivia, I am totally new to SB. I
> am about to embark in possibly the scariest and most exciting thing I
> have ever done. I am starting an online business (retail), it's still
> early days for me. I have had this niggiling idea for years and
> decided to finally take the punt into the online world, problem is I
> am not a technical person! I am really looking to hear from other
> young entreprenuer who started online companies, who weren't already
> guru's. Luckily I have found some people who are advising me and
> helping with the legal side of things to get my company off the
> ground, but when it comes to marketing my business (without a huge
> amount of $$$$) I am a little lost. What are the best ways I can
> market online without spending a lot of money?

> Guidelines on discussion:
> http://groups.google.com/group/silicon-beach-australia/msg/351e183e1303508d?hl=en%3Fhl%3Den
>
> No lurkers! It is expected that you introduce yourself.

Regards,

Mathew French