From: silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com
[mailto:silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Marat
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2014 12:17 AM
To: silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com
Subject: [SiliconBeach] Re: New Aussie startup seeking feedback: Webcred.it -
half online credits / half verified CV

"industry-standard way of recognising all the people and technology that goes
into making web sites". What is industry standard in this case?

On Thursday, 23 January 2014 10:40:38 UTC+11, Andrew Ballard wrote:
Hi there folks, let me (re)introduce myself:

I'm Andrew Ballard - probably easier if you just called me 'AB' - I first
introduced myself in 2008, with this post:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/silicon-beach-australia/mZOKD7xpHus/AbFJIuysapwJ

Sadly, MyPerfect is no more, but instead, I'd really value some constructive
feedback on my new startup, Webcred.it

--------------------------

Webcred.it is what IMDB is for movies, but for web sites.

It's a centralised, industry-standard way of recognising all the people and
technology that goes into making web sites.

-- For the public, it's an industry reference: a behind-the-scenes record of
the superstars and the unsung heroes who make the web sites we love to use.
From designers, developers, copywriters, testers, marketers, photographers,
BAs, DBAs, and many more roles.

-- For those of us in the web industry, it's a formal way to validate our roles
in the projects we've worked on over our career. Just like LinkedIn, it creates
a list of our past experience, except at Webcred.it, it's organised into
industry-standard roles on specific web sites.

As our web sites turn into larger and larger projects, it's time to give credit
where credit's due. From senior roles right down to junior data-entry operators
on short-term contracts - Webcred.it gives an opportunity for everyone in the
industry to be recognised for their expertise.

--------------------------

Silicon Beachers, during January, I'll keep the site in Private Alpha, then
open the site for Public Beta in early February. I would really value anyone's
time/feedback on the site - moreso during this Alpha stage.

To access the site, simply go to http://webcred.it and use the one-time
password 'let.me.in<http://let.me.in>' to get past the modal blocker.

>From there, simply use the site as intended:

- Log in with either a Facebook, Google, LinkedIn or Twitter account.
- Begin adding sites you've worked on and adding yourself to the credits on the
roles that best fit.
- Invite colleagues who worked on those sites with you - they'll get an
automatic invite to the site, too, and they can help you fill in the gaps on
the site you collaborated on.
- Finally, verify the site to make it go public.
- Later, rinse, repeat. Spread the word with the 'let.me.in<http://let.me.in>'
in the next few weeks - feel free to invite others. (I'm keen to find the viral
coefficient of inviting your colleagues...)

Your feedback to sup...@webcred.it<javascript:> or via the UserVoice widget
would be greatly appreciated.

In fact, I'd love to upgrade anyone who gives constructive feedback a free
upgrade to 'Professional' status for the remainder of 2014.

silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com<mailto:silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com>
silicon-beach-australia+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:silicon-beach-australia+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>

silicon-beach-australia+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:silicon-beach-australia+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.