On Thursday 13 Dec 2007 7:55 pm, ashok _ wrote:
> I read this book once which claimed the Incas were  actually an alien
> race - it began
> with that assumption being stated as true, - then made various
> extrapolations, and
> conclusions, starting from the primary assumption. Very soon the book
> had built a
> formidable pyramid of proof based on assumptions being equated to
> conclusions.

You mean I could be as right or as wrong as Daniken?

Of course you are right. If you choose to believe Daniken, that is your
prerogative. If you don't, it's not Daniken's problem.

Credibility does not matter a whit in the absence of valid information.
Anything goes. It is the lack of exploration and the comfortable unvalidated
"I'll stay within my box" conclusions that everyone (and that includes you
and me) can reach that seem to be hallmark of Indian intellectualism.

shiv