> I think the name you are looking for is Sampradaya.
>
> Deepa.

Oh thanks Deepa,  a self-respecting chennaiite! (are you?) I can
always countess on you. Now a sampradaya search :-) reveals more about
it.

http://www.sampradaya.org/

To think that I had already wasted precious 1 hour at my lib tryng to
locate my mothballed notes and the musty brochure of Sampradaya. What
a fine organization. It is on one END of luz church road, on Musiri
Subramanya Iyer (and ah, HIS authoritative Abheri rendition...) road
junction.

And, sirs Cheeni and Thaths, thanks for planting helpful redherrings
such as Mylapore f arts.

> > I spent a three years in Vivekananda college, so this statement alone
> > compels me to respond, subject matter notwithstanding.

And, and, Cheeni, may be you spent way too much time INSIDE your
vivekananda college or what? :-)

Warm regards:

ramjee.