I've used Twitter through SMS, GPRS, instant message (while it worked), the
Web interface and a variety of AIR apps and browser extensions. It's always
on, along with my Gmail and work email, and I manage to keep an eye on it
without losing too much time. I love the fact that I can use Twitter on my
phone (which has a QWERTY keyboard, blessed be), and I do use it a lot on
the go.

SNR on Twitter is quite within your control, based on whom you choose to
follow. The longer that list, the more the noise will be. Also, the
definition of noise bears revisiting on a medium such as Twitter. It's like
a thought-stream with far less filtering than an email or a blog, and the
baseline level of redundant or useless content is bound to be much higher.

What is equally important to note is that it is an extremely responsive
almost-real-time knowledge-sharing environment. You just have to ask the
right questions (based on who your audience is). It is also extremely viral
- your answer may come from complete strangers. On the subject of blogging,
it is quite easy to toss out a tweet with a link and be done, but it also
lets you think a bit more about what you're blogging. Oh, and it doesn't
hurt as a publicity tool for your blog, either.

And then there's all the stuff you can do as a business on Twitter. Google
is your friend.

--
Sumant Srivathsan
http://sumants.blogspot.com