On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Divya Manian <divya.man...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am now attempting an experiment with a private twitter account - where I
> follow and get followed only by people I know. I can be more free here, but
> the bottom line is twitter now owns my thought - which seems scary on
> reflection!
>
> http://twitter.com/nimbupani

I stopped reading twitter and tweeting over the weekend when I noticed
that I was spending a non trivial amount (around 30 minutes) of my day
reading my friends' twitter stream or tweeting. I also temporarily
disabled my facebook account a few weeks ago.

A couple of hours of reading Google Reader, Friendfeed and mailing
lists every day is more than enough for me to keep up with what is
happening with the world and my friends.

Thaths
--
   "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel." -- Homer J. Simpson