On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Thaths <tha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Divya Manian <divya.man...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I am now attempting an experiment with a private twitter account - where
> > follow and get followed only by people I know. I can be more free here,
> but
> > the bottom line is twitter now owns my thought - which seems scary on
> > reflection!
> >
> > http://twitter.com/nimbupani
>
> I stopped reading twitter and tweeting over the weekend when I noticed
> that I was spending a non trivial amount (around 30 minutes) of my day
> reading my friends' twitter stream or tweeting.

Somehow, I've never actively followed tweets from my friends. If I happen to
be online and TF/Twhirl are on and I manage to see a post that I like, I
respond.

The good thing, or the bad thing, is most folks I follow have posts that I
do like and I respond to them in someway.

> A couple of hours of reading Google Reader, Friendfeed and mailing
> lists every day is more than enough for me to keep up with what is
> happening with the world and my friends.

Just a couple of hours? Your soc-net fu is awe inspiring.