On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Kiran K Karthikeyan
<kiran.karthike...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So what is the pragmatic, intelligent response to such tactics,
> acknowledging the fact that such tactics are being used by members in each
> of the major communities in India, be it on caste or religious lines? What
> might be constructive to the discussion would be an implicit assumption that
> everybody on this list means well and have nothing to profit from such
> tactics ("Assume goodwill").

Amen. Thathaastu. etc.

I'm already hearing expressions of concern offlist that silk is
becoming a little less tolerant of difference of opinion than it used
to be, especially where it concerns religion/politics. I don't agree,
at this point - I still believe that the membership of this list is
largely smart enough to learn from those whose opinions are different
from theirs. I'm still of the opinion that (unlike many other
lists/boards) there is no need to ban or regulate postings on
religion/politics.

The reminder quoted above doesn't hurt any, though.

Udhay