On Saturday 25 Apr 2009 10:16:00 am Biju Chacko wrote:
> I'm getting a fair amount of anecdotal evidence to support reports
> that minorities have been systematically disenfranchised. Other than
> the reports in the paper of widespread deletion of muslim names from
> electoral rolls, I've been been hearing a lot from Christians as well.
> I've heard of:
>
> * Names marked 'deleted' on the rolls.
>
> * Names missing (which were present online just a month ago).
>
> * Voter Registration attempts being rejected without explanation.
>
> Even if the cases are not statistically significant enough prove
> anything, the very fact that the stories are making the rounds are
> indicative of the suspicious and mistrustful attitude developing in
> the community. That's definitely worrying -- many indications are that
> Indian society is more divided along caste and religious lines now
> than at any time since independence.
>
> *sigh*
>
> Time to start moving assets abroad?
>
> -- b

Biju have you checked how many Hindus had their names deleted?

May I put it to you that when a Christian or Muslim finds his name absent it
is "minority discrimination". When a Hindu finds his name absent - it is
Indian inefficiency and corruption.

Without saying that there is no discrimination, I must point out that the
tactic used by Christianity and Islam, throughout history is to continuouly
allege discrimination and play victim. By design Chriatianity and Islam are
always under attack as evidenced by the ever present stories of
discsimination.

To me this might be another case of crying "wolf" as usual.

shiv