On Monday 27 Apr 2009 10:31:36 am Biju Chacko wrote:
> Hm ... do you really believe this or are you just trolling as usual?
> If the former, that's an interesting data point in itself. Combined
> with some other, equally prejudiced comments on this list earlier
> supports the view that Indian polity is increasing driven by a "us and
> them" mindset.
>
> By the way, I'm not sure if you care but your blanket condemnation of
> Islam and Christianity left a rather icky taste in my mouth.

For too long I have heard aggressive accusations such as this. Let me state my
views plainly.

"Victimhood" and "pesrecution" and All of "non-us" are against "us" are
a recurrent theme in Christianity and islam. Correction - the Christianty that
Jesus Christ oiginally fostered was taken over by the Roman empire to create
a Roman chritianity that was later opposed by a mirror image "foil" - that is
islam.

It is a standard tactic among both these faiths to selectively target people
on one side of an existing social divide. For example - conversions are
always aimed at "the poor" or "low caste" people with the ostensible excuse
that these people are being given sympathy and succor that they will not
otherwise get from the unjust society they reside in. You will recall that
Islam in the US was the fastest growing religion in prisons - for the same
reason.

What happens after that is that this pre-existing social divide serves as
a "religious divide" so that the Church or some other religious organization
can join the fight and call it "religious persecution". This is politics, not
religion.

This is exactly what you have done Biju. You have converted a problem that
affects all Indians into a Islam and Christanity versus others affair in the
post that started this thread. You then ask if migration might be a good
idea. And you have the gumption to turn around and accuse me. May
respectfully suggest that if you have an icky taste in your mouth you ought
to wash your mouth.

Long ago I had summed up this tactic in the form of  a diagram. You can see it
here:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/cybersurg/brf/EVANGE.jpg

shiv