2009/5/13 Ravi Bellur <rav...@gmail.com>

> In fact I think I made the point that the way people drive here is a
> metaphor for the problem. No one gives a shit about anyone else -- everyone
> tries to get ahead -- and the fastest anyone can go is 40KPH.
>
> Even on a very crowded highway in the US, I drive 100-120KPH. Because if I
> drove like they drive here, I'd be arrested -- most likely due to some other
> driver calling the police and the police showing up.

Not debating you point, but you should try driving in Boston or NY. Not that
it comes close to the Bangalore situation, but if the road infrastructure
was as bad as it is here, you would see pretty much the same. Seattle is
over-polite, I feel suffocated there with people being so nice to each other
:)

However, for an even better experience you should go to Hyderabad. I have
seen things that have made me stop and really think to arrive at the
reasoning behind what some people do on the road. It goes beyond just not
caring about others and wanting to get ahead, its a total breakdown of logic
and reason.

Kiran