On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 10:45 PM, divya manian<divya.man...@gmail.com> wrote:
> People are never on time - or never bother to inform if they are
> coming or not. Nobody says "No" or even "Yes". I had so much trouble
> managing one of the employees of an outsourcing outfits. He seemed to
> understand, but never did what was asked. But, it seems to be the case
> otherwise. My sister-n-law seems to have the same problem interacting
> with ppl at her work place. One guy (an "experienced" senior) who was
> fired seems to be hell bent on making her resign from her job (she did
> resign eventually, but for different reasons).

A lot of this is related to the conditions people live in -- time
keeping is a problem because somebody else isnt on time. If a plumber
promised to fix a broken tap at 7 in the morning, but appeared at 9,
then its difficult for anyone to say if they are coming or not or act
in a predictable and timely manner. The plumber in turn is delayed
either because his public transport broke down / he got shaken down by
a cop / the shack he was living in collapsed etc... If your plumber
lives in a good neighborhood, and has a decent house, he will probably
be always on time.

Here in Kenya where generally the living infrastructure and conditions
are much poorer than india -- time keeping is  very very poor.
I have learnt to do my own plumbing and electrical work nowadays, its
less frustrating and leaves me with a lot more angst-free time.