vwol...@aol.com wrote:
I have two questions this morning...I am posting each seperately so that I don't mix up the headings. Someone on the list mentioned they (their wife?) was using a carb blocker?
Yes my previously diabetic wife takes them. She got her lab results back from the Doctor about a week ago, and her blood sugar was normal, and tested as being normal for the last 3 months, without taking any of the prescription diabetic pills. I also take them if the meal has a lot of starch in it, like a pizza, potatoes, or bread to avoid gaining weight.
It was suggested that I use it by my primary care doctor. She feels that because I have hyperinsulinism problems...a carb blocker would help me with my weight loss . She wanted to write a prescription but instead I purchased a natural product. The brand is Natrol...and it seems that it is made up of a white bean substance.
How bad could that be?
It is natural. What it does it inactivate the enzyme the body produces to break down starches into simple sugars for absorption. Since it only affects starches, the nutrients in the food are unaffected.
So I have started taking the capsule today...took one before breakfast.
I would appreciate any info on carb blockers ...thanks again...v.
I had posted a link a couple of weeks ago on comparison between the different brands. We use Phase II, although it only rated about #5 or so on the list because it is readily available in a number of brands locally.

Marshall