At 0 deg C or 32 Deg F water isn't water any more.
Ode

At 12:52 PM 5/24/2007 -0500, you wrote:

Which is colder, -40 degrees C, or -40 degrees F?

Water is a special case.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: CWFugitt [mailto:c_wa...@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:34 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Concentration?....ppm?

Evening Marshall,

 >>At 10:07 AM 5/24/2007, you wrote:

>It is numerically correct.  Actually it is mg/kg, but since a kilogram
>of water is a liter, then the equation holds.

    Thanks for explaining all this.

>Of course you can for water. The DEFINITION of a liter is 1000 grams of

>water.  Thus from the definition there are 1,000,000 micrograms in a
liter.

  So, ....... a Liter is a unit of weight?  I thought it was a unit of
volume?  Both I guess.

>That is correct, ppm for something is weight/weight, IE for water it
>is1 mg/kg of water which equals 1 mg/liter of water.

   Ok........ maybe I should accept this. I am used to working with
weights that have a specific value, always, every day.

I suppose this water standard means  relatively pure water.
Low, very low, EC.   I think some water, especially the mineral water
in TX, CA, and Nevada would mess up the weight of one liter by some
small percent.

>It is for the English system. But in the metric system when dealing
>with water, volume and weight are interchangeable at STP provided you
>know the equalities.

   I understand that water should have a standard.
I don't have any of the mineral water to weigh.

Oh well....... I hope to explain a few things that may be of value to
the ones that don't normally work with small units in my next message.

As always, ......... correct me when I am wrong.

Thanks again,

Wayne

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>