Many units exist, some of which most of us have never used or heard about.

Some are historical and go back hundreds of years, maybe thousands of years.

I found this file 15 or more years ago. I have added a few things and formatted it in blocks, and alphabetical order.

If you have only a slight interest in Units, I urge you to add this file to your collection. If you have no interest in units, you still need to scan it to see these units. ( A bit of History at your fingertips )

http://www.fugitt.com/files/convert.txt

While this is not a  scientific file, most of the units are correct.
And most are converted to units you will recognize in the second columns.

Minor errors exist, but I did not make them.
As I scanned the list this AM, I noticed the dimensions of the
ACRE are wrong, as are 100% of the definitions when referencing
a square acre.

I think there are close to 500 units in the file. It is ASCII TXT.
After I put it on the website, my browser loaded it in word pad.

It looks much better in a Plain Jane ASCII editor like Qedit with
yellow text on black background. Make it any color you like but try not to make it proportional spacing as that will misalign the columns You could read it into a database or spreadsheet, then format it nicely if desired.

Tell me you knew all those units and I will buy your lunch.

Wayne

A classical file of Units and Units Conversion
http://www.fugitt.com/files/convert.txt