-------Original Message-------

<But really, it only takes a few noisy complaining idiots to make them

Protect ALL of us, so, "maybe" MOST of us aren't stupid and those that are,

Just stand out in the quiet sensible crowd.

The squeaky wheel gets all of them greased. >

Ode

This  is so true, and its even worse here in the UK.  You can't do
*anything* now but that it has to have some sort of safety factor until it
makes doing whatever it was, impossible.  I think its also designed to stop
people suing councils etc.,  after all, why should we go about actually
*looking* where we are going?  So much more sensible for the councils to
have to smooth every bit of paving and road etc., so people don't trip up
it!  My dad must be spinning in his grave with irritation!  Dee