Afternoon, Wayne- I fight deer all the time but don't have the right or equipment to plug them at night. But I have 4-6' welded wire fences around all my growing beds because they get more obnoxious every year. While deer can supposedly jump 8 feet high they won't jump into an enclosed area without a clear landing spot. I also have some heavy fence posts with wire strung between them at 1' or less horizontal intervals and frequent vertical bamboo poles to stiffen it up. That seems to work well most of the time.

Plants are amazing, provide the right conditions and get back the desired results. I find that greens can be grown in less than ideal light conditions and are very healthful. Best seem to be kale, collards, turnips (leave some in ground for greens in spring); I'm trying to find greens that are annual that make a lot of leaves, right now I'm picking and making myself cook some that go to seed while still small, it takes a lot for lunch but at least I'm eating them. I'm growing greens and some easy annual flowers in what is supposed to be a flower bed so in the winter I can blanket it in newspaper and not have to weed the next spring to plant it again.:-)

Nancy