  From: Wayne Fugitt<mailto:cwa...@netdoor.com>
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com<mailto:silver-list@eskimo.com>
  Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 2:20 PM
  Subject: CS>Don't Be Cruel. Many people are.

  Evening Faith,

   >> At 11:56 AM 7/1/2008, you wrote:
  >Wayne,  We cannot  put food out in the fields and expect hungry animals to
  >leave it alone.  None of those wild animals go home to dinner at 6 pm
  >every night.

     Come on Faith,  Don't tell me anything about Deer.  I have been studying
  and observing them
  for 50 years.

  I know more about their dinner time than you will even know.

  I know how many times they feed a day, how many times they bed a day, when
  the get water, and what they eat,  And I know how and when they select it.

  And believe me, they eat better than most humans.

  Likely many days you are missing some amino acids.

  A deer never misses a single one in a day, unless he is in a starvation
  situation.

  I generally know exactly where they bed, how the weather effects them and
  anything else you want to know.

  One day I was hunting, the wind was blowing hard.

  I put my brain in gear and said,  "Where would the deer be" ?
  ( I have done this many times )

  Sure enough, within a few minutes I found several feeding exactly where I
  figured,
  I killed one and went home.

   >>is supposed to be the one with the most smarts, so what is the
  answer?  What is the responsible thing to do to protect crops?   Put up a
  fence.  Or plant somewhere else.  I hope no one is shooting deer.

     No fence, NO plant somewhere else.

     Yes, Faith, read the history. Read what happens when they ban hunting.

     Only about 80 % of the herd dies.  Who is the cruel one,

     Me of the Anti Hunting Nuts.

     One person wrote a great article,

  Had you rather be a sheep or a deer ?

  The deer has a chance to live, but the sheep is doomed to die.

  Yes, I am keeping the deer healthy be proper thinning of the herd.

  I know how many acres it takes to support a deer.  It varies depending on
  the terrain.

  You may not know,

  Deer seldom have 1 fawn other than the first year.

  They usually have 2, often 3 or 4.

  Yes, do the math. I have done it with cows.

  Just how many will that be in 10 years?  NO population control, the herd is
  "Sure to Die".
  ( without some hunters in the picture for sure )

  Awesome with cattle, and many times worse with deer.

  I could say,  "Don't be cruel"   but many of you people are the cruelest
  people in the world to
  animals,  ............

  and can't see the forest for the trees.  And can't realize just how cruel
  you are to deer.

  I have stalked many deer, and watch them walk away.

  I am not a blood thirsty hunter and never have been.

  I love the woods, the jungle, and the swamp.  I have spent 1000's of hours
  there.
  I observe plants and wildlife and have learned much more than most.

  Anything you want to know.............. just ask me.

  Wayne