  From: Dianne France
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 9:41 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>Don't Be Cruel. Many people are.

  Wayne

  Agree with you 100% here.  I am not personally a hunter but have family
members that are.  They aren't indiscriminant when they hunt and hunt for a
purpose.  Personally I find the convenience of the grocery store much more
enticing.

  When we first moved to where we are now living we used to have deer in the
yard in the morning and I loved having my coffee and watching them.  We also
had a panther that lived in an oak tree down in our back pasture and never
trimmed his favorite limb when we thinned our trees as long as he chose to live
there.  Unfortunately the area started to develop and now I no longer have
these simple pleasures to watch.  Our son told us he saw deer tracks and turkey
down in the back recently.

  There was a tomato farmer that bordered our property and he got a strikers
permit allowing him to kill as many deer as he chose to protect his fields.  He
was a cruel person and after a few years his business decisions took him under
and now we are starting to have deer again.  If they get over populated then
the disease comes and they will need to be thinned.

  Dianne