I guess I am entitled to ONE small grip, considering the others are large and often unjustified.

Mine is Totally Justified, with facts to back it up.

Wasted Bandwidth

Wasted Disk Space

It stuffs some peoples "IN BOX" .   (  Heaven Forbid. )

What do you call it ?   Three Guesses.

              "Trimming the Posts".

Now the byte count of the message.

It quoted all of Dee's message and all of Mikes message.

I believe it was Mikes long message that had been quoted TWICE.
( likely if I checked all messages, ........ it was quoted 20 times. )

So I would deduct that some have worn out the delete key deleting Kurt's and my messages.

Do you really want to know the byte count?

19 bytes written in the message.    ( Thanks Dee!! :)
   That is all the written message,  the (  )  are mine added.

Total message size.  10,217 bytes.   is that enough ?

That included the message header, and in both numbers, the end of file marker,
but no other "High order characters" that I could see. ( Plain Jane ASCII File, some call a text file )

That 10,217 bytes included the silver list signature also.

The list signature file often that exists in the quoted text,
Two or three times or more.

It is not a big task, no hill to climb, just like changing the subject line.

Plus, ........ A Very Big PLUS, .......... when you do this right, you are not helping yourself so much
as you are helping Others, ......... ALL of the members.

Is that not what we want to do ?

I do not mention this often. I have seen a few others mentions it. And thanks to them.

But I seriously believe my gripe is more justified than some of the others.

At least I offer the Facts and Reasons.............. <grin>

Back to the wood shed, chopping wood.

Wayne

Almost forgot, the ratio of written to quoted, is................  537

( actually SENT is slightly different that quoted. I used quoted, but is really is SENT. )