Well, I've been mulling this over -- and for me, I guess I've come to the conclusion that I pretty much like the list the way that it is.    I agree that it's easy for a list to become stagnant if there's too much restriction of topic matter, and I think that the current rules and regs pretty well keep things under control.  But I do understand David's position, and actually agree with his points regarding Kurt's posts -- but it's an easy matter to solve.  David, if I understand you correctly, it's only Kurt's posts that bug you, yes?  So when you open your inbox, you can check for and delete all of Kurt's incoming email.  That way you don't have to read it.  Or better yet, you can set your email program to block all of Kurt's mail so that it doesn't get into your inbox to begin with.  Problem solved.  I think that's more reasonable than asking Mike to spend ever more time trying to meet all of our individual needs.  I do think that we all can do a better job of changing the subject line when we respond to posts and the subject matter is morphing.  That way folks can more easily delete posts in their inbox in which they have no interest.  I guess where this is leading me is that as list members we need to accept the responsibility for our own use of and participation in the list, rather than asking Mike to do it for us.  MA

-------------- Original message from David Bearrow <chip...@verizon.net>: --------------