Eveniong indi,

>> At 10:25 PM 11/3/2008, you wrote:
A wall wart is a power supply transformer and mains plug in one
unit.

  You lost some creditability on that statement.

 You have been taking too many lessons from Neville.

You used a term that is meaningless, and actually is contradictory within itself.
  ( power supply transformer )   Some are not in fact power supplies.

 If you consider the first two words to be a term, which they are,
and define, make clear, or enhance the other word, ...... it would then be definite.
Not sure you intended the phrase that way.

Very much like the tern, "aerobic oxygen". Which is closer to fuzzy logic than a
meaningful term.

Then the wall wart is indefinite also, could mean different things.

   Could be your fingers slipped, and you left out a key word or two.
   That is usually what happens to me.  <grin>

    You have not been on the list very long, unless you used a different name.
Before then, I made the statement, I know about Wall Warts, and I have used many, many thousands of them. likely more anyone on the list Maybe even 10,000.

They are much better than they used to be, many sizes and ratings, and clearly labeled.

    My old redneck teacher said,  "Call a Spade, a Spade, and nothing else".

Most wall warts are clearly labeled, and should be called what they are, not something
    Indefinite.    Why not ?

  >>  mains plug in one unit.

       Having a hard time figuring out what that means.

    Wayne

Be nice to beginners, try not to confuse them by using indefinite terms,
Some will be confused enough, when you use the exact right terms