On the Silver Puppy I have (without polarity switching) I have found
that occasionally it starts to take longer and longer to get to the
automatic shut-off point.  (Longer to brew.)

After cleaning the electrodes and container well using H2O2 and
distilled water, it comes back to a normal amount of time for the
brew.

I surmise that whatever contaminant or condition is in the brew vessel
is combining with the ions being produced, so it takes longer to trip
the conductivity circuit.

Dan