Dear Mr. Toffelmire,

I respect your opinion which I am sure is based on years of experience. As a
consumer of numerous health care products for many years--like yourself, I
like to get information from many sources.  If the information comes from a
vendor, I must admit that I will probably take it with a grain of salt.

Do you know of any clinical trials or other testing from independent
research organisations for the foot baths?  As someone on the sliver-list
has pointed out, the information available on the internet on the ionic foot
baths comes primarily from vendors and information about the biochemistry of
the detox process itself is lacking.  You would be doing all interested
parties a great service if you could shed light on this.

It is also true that water can change color in the foot baths without
exposure to toxins: tap water varies greatly in mineral content from one
region to another--and most foot baths require the addition of a pinch
of low sodium salt to the bath water to assure conductivity.

Lack of information naturally leaves room for speculation, doubt and
accusations of quackery--to which EIS/CS has itself been subjected over the
years. I myself tried several ionic foot baths and finally bought one in the
U.K. nearly four years ago.  I have never had a serious health problem so I
can only attest to its usefullness in prevention. I use my ionic foot bath
for hygienic purposes--detox; it is one of the things I choose to do along
with other lifestyle choices that include exercise, eating whole
foods, taking a wide array of supplements, meditating, listening to
uplifting music and spending time in silence in nature. I also use EIS
liberally in all my personal care products which I generally make myself, as
well as in the kitchen.

I look forward to learning more from the experience and research of list
members..

Best wishes,
Carlene