I use white vinegar to clean my distiller and never have any problem with producing clear CS. I do not rinse with sodium bicarbonate.

I rinse three times with tap water and do not wipe. I am using about a cup of 9% white vinegar in one gallon of water. I let this sit for a
half a day or more and then rinse 3X.

Last two times I have put a plate on top instead of the distiller top and plugged it in for a few hours. This cleans it even faster and
boils off some of the water/vinegar mixture in the process. The
plate is not an air tight seal. Last time I put it outside so I did not have to smell the vinegar. This works better than just letting it
sit because it comes out cleaner.

Garnet

Dr Chris Steele, ITV's This Morning supporting LDN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVpjsDK0LPA

Dorothy Fitzpatrick wrote:
Oh Lord, I've cleaned it out with vinegar now.  I did rinse it out thoroughly
but I'll do it again with bicarbonate of soda.  Thanks Marshall.  dee