Green house? Cold frame? That South facing window or sun room and mud buckets of dirt. Buy bulk in season...Home canning and freezing?

farmers market online   whole foods online  [Google]

Get together and petition the local grocers for what you want to buy.
If you establish that there is a market, they will get it and sell it.
If you prepay a bulk order to prove that you are serious, they will order even if they won't stock. A guaranteed sale beats waste in the dumpster. [ A HUGE expense for a grocer ]

Start a co-op. [There might already be one you don't know about in some bodies basement ] Both the food and the transportation exists...eagerly looking for somewhere to go.

Ode

Hey Ode, where I live there aren't any farmers markets* and one cannot grow enough food to be more than a nice fresh treat during the very short season. I do grow very nice egyptian onions and chives though. The onions are so hardy I will be able to start cutting some in late March. The ONLY thing I've ever found that will start growing that early and is not much affected by frost.

We used to get people who would bring up tomatoes, peppers, peaches, apples, corn, onions, etc from Colorado or Utah and set up in various parking lots, but they don't come here anymore. Well, one very seedy group came here last year, but I wouldn't fish their stuff out of a dumpster for free, forget paying for it.
The grocery store produce (of any kind) is gawdawful.
The nearest whole foods type market is a 340 mile RT.
sol

*there is a thing that claims to be a "farmer's market" that is held one day a week in late summer early fall for 4 hours a day, but it sells crafts, not much produce.