That's where the mad phantom dump truck driver haunts the landscape, isn't it ?...The high plateau....nothing there but fairly small windswept piles of barren dirt and a few faded mobile homes clustered around an oil rig every 90 or so miles and a string of gnarly trees marching along a river bed now and then. Even the tumbleweeds are lonesome and few. Yea, there are places in the USA where it's one somewhat addled person per square mile...everything is imported to that "Mars on Earth". [so why not import the good stuff?]

More barren..there's a huge pea gravel pit somewhere South of Brice Canyon country with NO people per square mile or any dirt at all...not even a lost and lonesome tumbleweed.

Amazing places to not live in. [Takes a half tank of gas just to get home from a gas station. ]

Ode