From: Dorothy Fitzpatrick [mailto:d...@deetroy.org]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 12:01 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>(LL) Have you heard of this name change ?? Sweeteners.

I'm not arguing with any of that Ode, i.e the suing thing.  I think that
people should be responsible for themselves as far as possible.  I happen to
think that if you trip up a broken pavement, then that's *your* fault, not
the Councils, and you should have looked where you are going!  The same goes
for slipping on a wet floor.  As far as the rest of it goes, I am just going
to agree to disagree.  dee

> Well, I make and use CS because it's something "I" can do.
> When it's not enough, I have no problem hitting the feed and seed store or
asking the dentist for anti-biotics.
> Doctors under attack are more expensive than dentists told about a fantasy
tooth ache, animal drugs are the same as people drugs and I cut out the
middle men that pay $100,000 a year for malpractice insurance...except...if
I choose them wrong, I can't sue for more than being my own dead or disabled
dog...and the lawyers to do that will cost far more than the payoff.

> It probably cost a billion dollars to get Vioxx approved, so I can see why
the resistance to having it yanked because the risk of corking off is .7%
> But lookie.  I hear all the time how the FDA should get out of our lives
on one hand, and burrow further into them on the other.
> What do you WANT?
> Freedom or safety.  You can't have it both ways.
> With freedom comes risk.
> With safety, lack of choice...and you pay for that lack.
> We don't want to pay the FDA the billions it takes to do the testing, so
we pay the "Pharm" in the cost of the drugs that do get approved to cover
those which don't and they write their own ticket accordingly.
> For every billion the "Pharm" spends getting a drug approved, they spend 5
billion on the ones that don't pass the initial phases...and you wonder why
approved drugs cost so much and why they might want to fudge the data just a
little bit and balance the risk of being sued against the probability of
staying solvent.
> The cost of that pill is something like  25 cents for the pill and 25
dollars to insure against possible risks if ANY one dies or comes to harm,
disregarding everyone that doesn't.

Archives: