Yes it is her fault for not recognizing perceptual limitations and acting accordingly. She knows that, unlike the younger generation that believes the world should be perfected for them...or else.
 Had it been a root in the woods, same thing, but no one but God to blame.
Blame God..He doesn't care, nor will He pay...nor will He remove offending roots.
" I tripped and the planet came up and smacked me.  BAD planet! "

 Because one man be blind, there shalt be no traffic in all the world?
..don't think that'll ever happen. [If I'm wrong, we're all doomed]
So maybe someone should have chained Mom to a chair.
Somehow, I think she'd rather be dead than "protected"...like... the day I can't go for a walk, just shoot me, I'm done.

The only way you won't make a mistake is to have no choices to make.

ode [When I hit that snooze button, the sun stops rising and the universe awaits my pleasure in waking...dream on.]