Thanks for clarifying, Chuck!  How clean should the anvil be, since I'll
have to clean it before my husband hammers the coin. I don't live in Canada,
but I suppose I could possibly get one over here in Europe.

The part I didn't quite understand was the last part, after you make a
thinner sheet, like cutting into the ribbon? and what's a "tin snip"?

I also don't know how thick the coin is to begin with, since all currencies
have their own sizes, and then how thin is too thin, and how thick should it
"not" be.  I don't know if it would make much of a difference. I haven't
experimented with any of this stuff yet, and would like to learn from those
with experience, so I hope you won't mind me asking, what might seem as
mundane questions :-)

Thanks in Advance!
Aldi

Oh, you also mentioned, that they last longer than the wires or strips. Why
would that be? Does it have anything to do with the total area, like the
larger it is, the better the energy is dispersed?

And I'm trying to think of what someone said about brewing in the sun and
adding something to it for the stirring motion? I tried to look for it
again, but that's hopeless. Just in case someone might remember, or the
person who wrote it, could respond, I would greatly appreciate it. I'd like
to see if I have less crud on the bottom.