Hello Ian,

The cones are quite high; at least 3/8 inch.  I will measure them carefully
next run.  I had a setback today; my Spec. stopped working and I spent a
lot of time figuring out it was the light source, because I got an Ohms
reading through a burned-out bulb.

I have become accustomed to using PPM because that is what most everyone on
the list uses.  I don't have a direct formula to convert mS to PPM, but I
will get one.  My meter displays either.

Microsiemens are a measure of conductance; it is the Ohm---unit of
resistance, upside down; the reciprocal or 1/Ohms.  It is used to describe
the purity of water: the lower the mS reading, the less other things it has
in it, and the less conductive it is.  PPM meters are conductivity meters
calibrated in PPM, based on a particular solute, for example most of them
use a solution of salt of a given concentration to calibrate.   Different
solutes will actually have a different PPM when matching the conductivity
of salt, but it is close enough for most work.

The water I am producing currently measures 0.4 [zero point four]  mS.
  That is about 17 times purer than the 7 mS water.
Bruce says a starting water of about 0.8 is optimal.  I am adding CACO3 to
improve conductivity, but I don't know what the CO3 is doing in the
process.

Send the water and some of your silver; I will do a PPM test on both the
water and the sol.  For a limited control, you could also have Bob Berger
test it.

Thank you for your offer of help.

Please send it to:

Aztec