James and Ian,

>  [ ... ]
> I have become accustomed to using PPM because that is what most everyone on
> the list uses.  I don't have a direct formula to convert mS to PPM, but I
> will get one.  My meter displays either.

If you have a formula to convert PPM to mS, I would appreciate it if you
could pass it along.  I now have the Hanna TDS and would like to make it
as useful (or potentially so) as possible.

> Microsiemens are a measure of conductance; it is the Ohm---unit of
> resistance, upside down; the reciprocal or 1/Ohms. [ ... ]

Hummm, it might be iteresting to see if my computed resistance will
match the TDS value when computed that way.  Just a quick computation
from some of my data came out to a finished mS of 0.00011626 (1/8601),
maybe it doesn't work that way...?!?

> Send the water and some of your silver; I will do a PPM test on both the
> water and the sol.  For a limited control, you could also have Bob Berger
> test it.

I am, first off, courious as to what you use to get the actual PPM
reading.  Device, manufacturer, cost, supply costs?  thoughts and
comments? If you don't mind me asking.  This not knowing is driving me
to drink (fortunately it is CS I am drinking :).

In the process, if you do testing, what are your rates?

> Santa Fe
> New Mexico

Loved the area - hated the economy.  The Pojaque(sp?) were a real thrill
as well :-/.  Got to visit the old governers place down on the square
and in general explore the area and thoroughly enjoyed it.  What an
archeological paradise :)!  After a few days there I could breath again
:-).

Thanks and take care, Vikki.
--
Victoria Welch, WV9K, DoD#-13, Net/Sys/WebAdmin SeaStar.org,
vikki.oz.net